Motion to Revoke or Motion to Adjudicate

When your probation officer feels that you violated the terms of your probation, he or she can ask the court to issue a warrant for your arrest. Your failure to abide by these terms may lead to formal parole and/or probation revocation charges. Often you will be held without bail until your sentencing judge can hear your case. You need to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to defend you against these serious charges.

In many instances, people do not intentionally violate the terms of their probation or parole. It is our job to convince the court that your violation was not willful or intentional.

We will defend you in evidentiary and revocation hearings related to allegations that you:

  • Committed a new offense
  • Failed a Urinalysis
  • Did not report to your probation officer
  • Failed to pay restitution, fees or fines
  • Failed to complete community service
  • Failed any other terms of your Probation

For many of the people charged with a probation violation there are simple explanations to their actions. Whether the judge or probation officer believes them is a completely different story. It is our  law firm's job to advocate on your behalf and get your probation terminated, reinstated and/or modified.

Finding Ways to Avoid Complications Due to Probation Violations

If you've violated the terms of your probation whether intentionally or unintentionally, you need to speak with an attorney immediately. I may be able to reduce or minimize the penalties you're subject to IF you contact me early in the process.

Qualifying for a Bond and Getting out of Jail

If you fail to notify the court of a probation violation, in accordance with Texas probation law, you can be arrested when the violation is discovered. If it is alleged that you have violated your probation, you will not be eligible for a recognizance bond. If you hire my firm in enough time, I can work with the court to either get a bond posted or work to have the amount reduced if one is already in place.

A Probation Problem will not Simply Go Away

Take action now to avoid even larger problems later. If you have been told by your probation officer that you are going to be revoked or if you suspect that you may have violated the terms of your probation - Call NOW!

Things that can cause a probation revocation include, but are not limited to: failure to attend probation meetings, taking drugs (illegal or prescription), failed Urinalysis (UA), failure to do community service hours on time or at all, failure to pay restitution, fine or fees on time or at all, failure on Intoxilizer (car or in-home machine), failed to report income, failed to maintain employment, committed any other violation of your probation, failure to maintain employment, , Don't take chances and assume you won't be called in for a drug test or be discovered working at a job. Penalties are almost always less severe when you cooperate.

Gilbert G. Garcia, has practiced Criminal Law since 1978 and has been Board Certified in Criminal Law since 1989. The Gilbert G. Garcia Law Firm is the logical choice to represent you in your criminal case, providing the quality legal services you deserve in your most important matters.

Free initial consultations and reasonable fees.  Personal payments plans available and most major credit cards accepted.  Many issues are able to be handled via e-mail, phone calls and fax and after hours and weekend appointments are available upon request to meet the needs of each client.

Conveniently located on the Montgomery County Courthouse square since 1983.

For more information on Probation Violation and Motion to Revoke.
 Contact Gilbert Garcia today at 936-756-3333.

Office Phone Number